“I was having such a hard time balancing everything. Things seemed out of control. My kids were acting out and I didn’t know what to do. The Parenting Education program helped me learn how to manage things. My kids are happier, and so am I.”
Being a parent is a tough job. Life’s challenges can make you feel stressed out and unable to cope. You may be unsure of how to handle certain situations. The Parenting Education Program can help you become a more effective parent, so you can create a safe, healthy environment for your children, and enjoy the rewards of family stability.
Education and Support
Parent educators meet with families in their homes on a regular basis to:
- Work on individualized goals
- Teach parenting skills
- Set up parent/child activities
- Complete developmental screenings
- Help families connect with local resources for counseling, nutritional support and school readiness programs
Monthly play groups are offered to give children the chance to interact with other children their own age. These outings also provide parents with an opportunity to connect with other parents for conversation and support. Play groups are located in Bellefonte, State College, Philipsburg and Penn Valley.
Who We Serve
The program provides in-home services to families in Centre County with children ranging in age from prenatal to 10 years.
Certifications and Funding
- Parent educators are certified in the Parents as Teachers (PAT) model.
- The Parenting Education program is fully funded by Centre County Children & Youth Services.
Check out the Newsletter for June here!
325 West Aaron Drive
State College, PA 16803
Phone: (814) 237-5731
Voicemail: (814) 237-2224
Fax: (814) 237-2228