On the Field
Friday, September 16, 2022
Our annual clay shooting competition, On the Field, begins with the always popular practice session, followed by a hearty lunch, and then the 12:30pm shotgun start. The tournament will be held at Shenecoy Sportsmen. The evening concludes with hors d’oeuvres, a silent auction showcase, followed by awards and the banquet. Pewter awards are the favorite among shooters and presented to team champion, lady champion, and individuals. Banquet tickets and other sponsorship opportunities are available.
To register you can:
Print and mail the brochure to YSB: 2022 On The Field Brochure
Checks can be made out to YSB and sent to 325 W. Aaron Drive, State College PA 16803
Credit Cards can be taken over the phone or in person
Register Using The Form Below
While YSB has maximized funding opportunities at the local, state and national level, approximately 15% of this year’s budget must be raised through private donor dollars. On The Fly is one of the ways we meet that need.
To register as a sponsor you can:
Download and the Sponsorship Form: Click HERE to Download the 2022 On The Field Sponsorship Information
- Checks can be made out to YSB and mailed to 325 W. Aaron Drive, State College PA 16803
- Credit cards can be accepted over the phone or in person
- Click HERE to register and pay online
**Please note, while we update the website frequently we cannot guarantee availability of sponsorships. If you have questions, please contact Liz Volpe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 814-237-5731
- No alcohol will be allowed before or during the shooting event.
- No guns are to be carried loaded from station to station.
- Guns must be carried broken or with the action open when traveling between stations.
- Only when you are standing in the station are you permitted to load your gun with a maximum of 2 shells. The gun must be unloaded before turning around to exit the stand.
- No guns are to be carried into the Shenecoy pavilion.
- Guns are kept in your car or at the staging area.
- The Referees are in charge of their respective stations. They will be responsible for safety and scoring. Their decisions will be final.
- It is recommended that proper shooting attire be worn for proper gun mounting and safety.
- Eye and Ear protection must be worn while shooting.
- Ear protection will be provided.
- Competition is open to any team of 4 members. Individual entries will be teamed to make up 4 members. At the discretion of the committee, a 5th member may be added to a team if all teams are full. If less than 4 members on a team, shooters will qualify for individual awards and the team total will be based on number of actual shooters.
- Lewis Rules will apply to the team events.
- All participants will have an opportunity to win regardless of expertise. 12-gauge or 20-gauge ammunition will be supplied to each participant. The committee must approve all other gauges and ammunition.
- All participants must shoot at all stations. Course will be 16 stations. The National Association of Sporting Clays rules will apply.