Our annual clay shooting competition, On the Field, begins with the always popular practice session, followed by a hearty lunch, and a 12:30pm shotgun start. The evening concludes with hors d’oeuvres, a silent auction and raffle games showcase, followed by awards and the banquet. Pewter awards are the favorite among shooters and presented to team champion, lady champion, and individuals. Banquet tickets and other sponsorship opportunities are available.
- Competition is open to any team of 4 members. Individual entries will be teamed to make up 4 members. At the discretion of the committee, a 5th member may be added to a team if all teams are full. If less than 4 members on a team, shooters will qualify for individual awards and the team total will be based on number of actual shooters.
- Lewis Rules will apply to the team events.
- All participants will have an opportunity to win regardless of expertise. 12-gauge or 20-gauge ammunition will be supplied to each participant. The committee must approve all other gauges and ammunition.
- All participants must shoot at all stations. Course will be 16 stations. The National Association of Sporting Clays rules will apply.
Print and mail the brochure to YSB: 2022 On The Field Brochure
Checks can be made out to YSB and sent to 325 W. Aaron Drive, State College PA 16803
Credit Cards can be taken over the phone or in person
Register Using The Form Below
While YSB has maximized funding opportunities at the local, state and national level, approximately 15% of this year’s budget must be raised through private donor dollars. On The Field is one of the ways we meet that need.
To register as a sponsor you can:
Download and the Sponsorship Form: Click HERE to Download the 2022 On The Field Sponsorship Information
- Checks can be made out to YSB and mailed to 325 W. Aaron Drive, State College PA 16803
- Credit cards can be accepted over the phone or in person
- Click HERE to register and pay online
**Please note, while we update the website frequently we cannot guarantee availability of sponsorships. If you have questions, please contact Liz Volpe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 814-237-5731
On The Field depends on the time and talent of volunteers to bring this event to life
Auction & Game Volunteers
We will have a silent and raffle games during the event. The auction & games will take place before the event (9:00 – 12pm) and during the reception (3:30pm – 5:00pm). Auction & Game Volunteers will help monitor the silent auction and run the raffle games.
Break Down Volunteers
All break down volunteers will help to ensure we leave the space looking just as good as when we found it. These volunteers will help bag linens, break down tables and chairs, remove trash, pack the truck and more.
Between lunch and dinner, we will need to turn over the tent and be ready for the reception and dinner. As an Event Decorating volunteer you will help position tables in the right place, put linens and center pieces on the tables and help make sure the event is ready to greet the participants when they conclude fishing at the end of the day.
If you have no preference on where we place you, this is the volunteer position for you!
Scorekeepers will work alongside the Trappers at each station to keep track of each team’s score during the Tournament.
Set Up Volunteers
Set up volunteers will arrive early and make sure the event is ready when participants arrive at 9:00am. This will include lunch set up, game and auction set up, registration set up, and more!
As a Trapper you will launch the targets for the participants. There will be a training session before the event so everyone will feel comfortable during the tournament.
Register To Volunteer
Fill Out The Form Below To Register
- No alcohol will be allowed before or during the shooting event.
- No guns are to be carried loaded from station to station.
- Guns must be carried broken or with the action open when traveling between stations.
- Only when you are standing in the station are you permitted to load your gun with a maximum of 2 shells. The gun must be unloaded before turning around to exit the stand.
- No guns are to be carried into the Shenecoy pavilion.
- Guns are kept in your car or at the staging area.
- The Referees are in charge of their respective stations. They will be responsible for safety and scoring. Their decisions will be final.
- It is recommended that proper shooting attire be worn for proper gun mounting and safety.
- Eye and Ear protection must be worn while shooting.
- Ear protection will be provided.
Team Champions – State of the Art Team 1 – 376 Points
Team Champion Runner-up – Lee Industries – 364 Points
Master – Turks Head Brewery – 331 Points
AAA – Clay Dreamers – 308 Points
AA – Picking ‘Em Off – 281 Points
A – Komatsu – 262 Points
B – Barton Mallow Team 2 – 240 Points
C – HRI, Inc. – 208 Points
D – Jersey Shore State Bank – 136 Points
Individual Awards High Gun
Champion – Mick Markle – 99 Points
Champion Runner-Up – Jeff Wolfe – 97 P0ints
Ladies Champion – Kate Crawford – 85 Points
A donation towards our silent auction helps us raise more money to support youth and families. Connect with friends, organizations you are a part of or businesses to create a basket ready to be auctioned off at our On The Field Event! All you need to do is pick a theme and let us know what you have decided.
If you have questions Contact Kathy Coursen | email@example.com | 814-237-5731