On The Field 2024 will be on Friday September 13th
Registration will be coming soon
Our annual clay shooting competition, On the Field, begins with the always popular practice session, followed by a hearty lunch, and a 12:30pm shotgun start. The evening concludes with hors d’oeuvres, a silent auction and raffle games showcase, followed by awards and the banquet. Pewter awards are the favorite among shooters and presented to team champion, lady champion, and individuals. Banquet tickets and other sponsorship opportunities are available.
- Competition is open to any team of 4 members. Individual entries will be teamed to make up 4 members. At the discretion of the committee, a 5th member may be added to a team if all teams are full. If less than 4 members on a team, shooters will qualify for individual awards and the team total will be based on number of actual shooters.
- Lewis Rules will apply to the team events.
- All participants will have an opportunity to win regardless of expertise. 12-gauge or 20-gauge ammunition will be supplied to each participant. The committee must approve all other gauges and ammunition.
- All participants must shoot at all stations. Course will be 16 stations. The National Association of Sporting Clays rules will apply.
Registration for 2024 coming soon!
Your sponsorship of On The Field creates a lasting impact by funding the prevention programs, family services, and residential homes that youth and families depend on.
Detailed Sponsorship Opportunities for the 2024 season will be listed soon.
Please contact Kathy Coursen with any questions or to learn more about how you can support YSB and On the Field.
On The Field depends on the time and talent of volunteers to bring this event to life
Auction & Game Volunteers
We will have a silent and raffle games during the event. The auction & games will take place before the event (9:00 – 12pm) and during the reception (3:30pm – 5:00pm). Auction & Game Volunteers will help monitor the silent auction and run the raffle games.
Break Down Volunteers
All break down volunteers will help to ensure we leave the space looking just as good as when we found it. These volunteers will help bag linens, break down tables and chairs, remove trash, pack the truck and more.
Between lunch and dinner, we will need to turn over the tent and be ready for the reception and dinner. As an Event Decorating volunteer you will help position tables in the right place, put linens and center pieces on the tables and help make sure the event is ready to greet the participants when they conclude fishing at the end of the day.
If you have no preference on where we place you, this is the volunteer position for you!
Scorekeepers will work alongside the Trappers at each station to keep track of each team’s score during the Tournament.
Set Up Volunteers
Set up volunteers will arrive early and make sure the event is ready when participants arrive at 9:00am. This will include lunch set up, game and auction set up, registration set up, and more!
As a Trapper you will launch the targets for the participants. There will be a training session before the event so everyone will feel comfortable during the tournament. Please plan to be at the event from 11-4.
- No alcohol will be allowed before or during the shooting event.
- No guns are to be carried loaded from station to station.
- Guns must be carried broken or with the action open when traveling between stations.
- Only when you are standing in the station are you permitted to load your gun with a maximum of 2 shells. The gun must be unloaded before turning around to exit the stand.
- No guns are to be carried into the Shenecoy pavilion.
- Guns are kept in your car or at the staging area.
- The Referees are in charge of their respective stations. They will be responsible for safety and scoring. Their decisions will be final.
- It is recommended that proper shooting attire be worn for proper gun mounting and safety.
- Eye and Ear protection must be worn while shooting.
- Ear protection will be provided.
A donation towards our silent auction helps us raise more money to support youth and families. Connect with friends, organizations you are a part of or businesses to create a basket ready to be auctioned off at our On The Field Event! All you need to do is pick a theme and let us know what you have decided.
If you have questions Contact Kathy Coursen | email@example.com | 814-237-5731