||The Mobile Outreach Counselor is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of a comprehensive program of youth development services to children, youth and families.
Some responsibilities include:
- Assists with the development, implementation and maintenance of youth development programming in order to provide children, youth, and families with opportunities for drug and alcohol abuse education, prevention, and intervention, interpersonal skill development, literacy improvement, recreation, community volunteering activities, and other youth development activities.
- Provides direct street outreach services—including educational and prevention groups, and adventure-based activities–designed to provide children, youth, and families with opportunities for street-based sexual abuse education and prevention, drug and alcohol abuse prevention, interpersonal skill development, literacy improvement, recreation, and other youth development activities, both through the Youth Program Site and as an integral part of the mobile outreach team.
- Assures that information collecting and record-keeping requirements are met, that outcome-based evaluation is conducted, and that required monthly reports are prepared and submitted in a timely manner.
- Oversees the financial resources of the designated youth program site, manages petty cash and manages the needs of the physical site.
- Provides training, supervision, and evaluation of program cleaning staff, interns and volunteers.
- Provides community education concerning program services through the distribution of public relations materials and public presentations on the program to educators, youth group leaders and community groups.